INFORMATION AND CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Articles 13 and ss. of the EU Regulation, n. 2016/679 (GDPR)
This privacy statement explains what personal data are, what types of personal data are collected by My Sailing Week, for what purpose these data are collected, how they are processed and what the user’s rights in this regard are. My Sailing Week guarantees the user that his data will be treated with care.
My Sailing Week s.a.s. (also referred to as “My Sailing Week”, “we”, “our”) is an Italian company, with registered office in La Spezia (SP), Via Felice Cavallotti 53, registered in the register REA SP 201403, VAT 01399740115 – www.mysailingweek.com website.
Last modification: 24 May 2018
TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
- 1. What is personal data
Personal data means any information associated with an identified or identifiable person (hereinafter also “user”), for example contact information, data relating to his preferences, his interests (in any case connected to our activities), to the your requests and, more generally, any other personal information you have provided to us. For the purposes of this document, “personal data” are not considered: a) data that are not personal but anonymous (eg, aggregate and / or statistical data); b) data of legal entities / persons / companies.
- General principles concerning the processing of personal data by My Sailing Week
For the processing of personal data My Sailing Week adheres to the following principles:
- a) collects only personal data for explicit, specific and legitimate purposes (in any case connected to the activities of My Sailing Week);
- b) does not collect personal data that are further and different from those necessary for the realization of such purposes;
- c) does not use or use personal data for purposes other than those for which they were collected, except as provided herein, or with prior consent;
- d) will not transfer personal data to third parties excluding those involved in your yacht rental directly or indirectly;
- e) undertakes and undertakes to ensure that the information is up-to-date, inviting the user to periodically check his personal data;
- f) ensure and guarantee appropriate practical, technical and organizational measures to protect and protect users’ personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and any other illegal processing;
- g) without prejudice to the foregoing, will not retain the data for longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data were collected, or for which they were further processed, or as required by law.
- Personal data that My Sailing Week collects and processes
When the user interacts with My Sailing Week through various channels – including our website www.mysailingweek.com, our apps (if available) – personal data are collected and processed. Personal data collected and processed by My Sailing Week can be cataloged as follows:
- a) Personal details such as name, surname, e-mail address, home address, country, municipality and residential address, date of birth, sex, date of registration on www.mysailingweek.com site, IP address, geolocation, cookies, pixels and other identifiers, information and feedback related to the user’s commercial experience at “My Sailing Week”.
- b) The information relating to the requests made, the interests expressed, the purchases made, the information relating to the payments made, at the date of the purchase, payment information.
- c) The use of information by the user, and for example personal details as specified above, information on the purchased product / s, the date and frequency of visits to “My Sailing Week”, the information that the user chooses to attribute in relation to his interactions with us and the social media access credentials (not the information contained in the user’s social media profiles), if used to access our pages.
- d) Requests for customer support and technical support, containing personal details as specified above, other important information that My Sailing Week may request to process your request.
- g) Information collected during user visits at “My Sailing Week”.
- How My Sailing Week uses personal data of users – purpose of treatment
My Sailing Week collects and processes personal data if at least one of the following purposes is applicable:
- a) to allow registration to the Site and to access the services reserved for registered users as well as for the administrative and legal obligations related to the “Registration”.
The provision of consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes referred to in letter a) above is purely optional and the user’s consent is the legal basis of any processing. However, as this processing is necessary to allow registration on the site www.mysailingweek.com and for the provision of reserved services, any refusal to provide the data in question will make it impossible to register on the Site and to conclude the reservation with services.
- b) with the consent of the same user, for sending promotions, balances and discounts by My Sailing Week, as well as for sending commercial or informative communications (“newsletter”), to carry out market research also aimed at assessing the degree user satisfaction (“customer satisfaction”) and for the reporting of all initiatives concerning products and / or services and / or events concerning third parties, through automated systems, such as email or sms (“Marketing”).
The provision of consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes referred to in letter b) above is purely optional and the user’s consent is the legal basis of any processing. The lack of consent will not imply any consequence on the possibility to register on the site www.mysailingweek.com and / or to make reservations on the same and imply exclusively: the impossibility to receive commercial or informative communications (“newsletter”), promotions, discounts, balances on the part of My Sailing Week as well as the impossibility for the same to carry out market research also directed to assess the degree of user satisfaction (“customer satisfaction”) and for the reporting of all initiatives concerning products and / or services of their own and / or third parties.
- c) c) with the consent of the same user, for the analysis of his consumption choices and purchase habits (so-called “profiling”), by My Sailing Week through the detection of the type and frequency of bookings at My Sailing Week and, if indicated, of the areas of interest optionally requested and selected by the user in the registration form, for the purpose of sending informative and / or advertising material of specific interest to the user in the manner described in point b) above.
The provision of consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes referred to in letter c) above is purely optional and the user’s consent is the legal basis of any processing. The lack of consent will not have any consequence on the possibility to register on the site www.mysailingweek.com and / or to make reservations on the same and will imply exclusively: the impossibility for My Sailing Week to carry out the analysis of the user’s consumption choices (cd ” profiling “), by detecting the type and frequency of reservations and, if indicated, the areas of interest optionally requested and selected by the user in the registration form in order to send informative and / or advertising material of specific interest to the user in the manner described in the previous letter b).
- d) for job opportunities (“job opportunities”). It is possible to send your curriculum and other information online in order to apply for a job at the My Sailing Week office. The information provided in connection with the job search will be stored in a database and will be used to evaluate the interest in a job and for any contacts related to a possible recruitment at My Sailing Week.
The provision of consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes referred to in letter d) above is mandatory if you intend to send your curriculum vitae to My Sailing Week.
- e) for contractual purposes. Some personal data of the user can be collected, before, and processed, then, to allow My Sailing Week to fulfill the contractual obligations towards the user, for example, when the user purchases the products, contact the assistance. In the event that the user decides not to provide My Sailing Week with the personal data requested and required in this regard, My Sailing Week may not be able to fully satisfy the user’s request.
The computer systems and software used to operate the www.mysailingweek.com site acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified interested parties, but, due to their very nature, could, through elaborations or associations, allow the identification of the user. This category includes IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users who connect to the site www.mysailingweek.com, URL addresses in the URL of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used in submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, etc. These data are used only to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the www.mysailingweek.com website (such as, in particular, the number of accesses) and to check its correct functioning and are deleted immediately after processing. The navigation data will be acquired, in the manner indicated above, only by My Sailing Week.
- Place of storage and processing of user data by My Sailing Week
- As a general principle, your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). Your personal data may however be transferred outside of the EEA by some types of third parties, as specified in Section 6 for the purposes for which personal data have been collected.
In case of transfer of personal data of the user in any third country, as defined in the General Regulation on Data Protection (GDPR), the law and regulations in force concerning these transfers are observed, as well as ensuring the legal protection measures and security before this transfer.
The processing of personal data takes place using manual and automated tools, with methods strictly related to the purposes indicated above (possibly also by profiling or comparison of the data themselves) and, in any case, in order to guarantee the security, protection and confidentiality of data. Through the appropriate e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org it is possible to apply for the insured guarantees, as well as the means to obtain a copy of such data or the place where they are made available.
- Disclosure of the user’s personal data by My Sailing Week
My Sailing Week may disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent required by law, by court order or decision made by a competent public authority and for law enforcement purposes. Finally, My Sailing Week may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- a) employees and / or collaborators of My Sailing Week and companies connected to My Sailing Week;
- b) companies or consultants in charge of installation, maintenance, updating and, in general, the management of My Sailing Week hardware and software;
- c) companies appointed by My Sailing Week to send online communications;
- d) all those public and / or private entities, natural and / or legal persons (legal, administrative and fiscal consultancy), if the communication proves necessary or functional to the correct fulfillment of the contractual obligations assumed in relation to the services provided through the site www.mysailingweek.com, as well as the obligations deriving from the law;
- e) companies in charge of telephone assistance (customer care);
- f) all those subjects (including Public Authorities) who have access to data under regulatory or administrative provisions;
- g) companies appointed to make personnel selections (for the purposes referred to in paragraph 4 letter d))
When My Sailing Week discloses the user’s data to a third party, it takes all reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties are bound by the privacy obligations regarding the protection of personal data. The disclosure is carried out in compliance with the regulatory obligations, including the stipulation of agreements relating to the processing of data with third parties, the guarantee that personal data are processed according to our instructions, the law and regulations in force and for the purposes specified by My Sailing Week and to ensure adequate security measures.
Within My Sailing Week people may be aware of your personal data – as persons in charge or responsible for their processing – employees, collaborators for any reason (eg: seconded, interns) and external collaborators, as well as facilities, internal and external services, which perform technical and support tasks on behalf of My Sailing Week.
Third parties belonging to the above categories will use the data received as independent “owners”, unless they have been designated by My Sailing Week as “responsible” for the processing of their specific competence.
- Retention of users’ personal data
My Sailing Week stores user information – on computer and / or paper support – for periods not exceeding those necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. The period of time for which My Sailing Week retains information depends on the purposes for which it was collected and used.
Personal data associated with the provision of direct marketing to the user by My Sailing Week (for the purposes referred to in paragraph 4 letters b) and c)) are kept and processed for a period of two (2) years from the date of the last activities of opening My Sailing Week marketing communications by the user or otherwise by demonstration of interest in such communications.
Personal data associated with employment opportunities at My Sailing Week (for the purposes referred to in paragraph 4 letter d)) are stored and processed for a period of one (1) year from the date on which the person concerned sends his curriculum vitae vitae.
Relevant personal information will be deleted after the expiration of the periods above, unless such data can be legally stored and processed for other processing purposes, for which My Sailing Week has legal basis.
A cookie is a small text file on a user’s computer or mobile device when he visits a site to allow My Sailing Week: (1) recognition of the user’s computer; (2) storing user preferences and settings; (3) the understanding of My Sailing Week web pages visited by the user; (4) improving the user experience by providing and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to the user’s interests; (5) carrying out research and analysis; and (6) assistance with regard to security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in the user’s browser cache, while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with the user’s Adobe Flash Player files.
Pixels are small electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, in online advertisements and / or in e-mails that are intended to: (1) collect usage information such as ad impressions or clicks and the speed of opening e-mail; (2) measure the popularity of advertising; and (3) access the user’s cookies.
Because My Sailing Week adopts additional technologies it is able to gather information through other methods.
- Owner and manager of the treatment
My Sailing Week s.a.s., with registered office in La Spezia (SP), Via Felice Cavallotti 53, registered in the register REA SP 201403, VAT number 01399740115 is the owner of the user’s personal data.
Internal representative of the treatments performed by My Sailing Week is the legal representative.
- Access by the user to personal data and data portability
The user has the right to access and receive the personal data concerning him provided to My Sailing Week in a structured format, commonly used and readable electronically and has the right to transmit such data to any third party of his choice. The user can request to view his personal data processed by My Sailing Week by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Updating and / or deletion of the user’s personal data
The user is invited to update their personal data provided to My Sailing Week at any time there are changes to personal data. The user can do this by sending a data modification request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the personal data of the user processed by My Sailing Week is up-to-date, My Sailing Week may request the user to verify them and, if necessary, update them at least once a year.
Your personal data may be deleted from the servers used by My Sailing Week, unless My Sailing Week is entitled or is obliged by the laws and regulations in force to retain and process such information regardless of the revocation of consent.
Following deletion, your personal data will be deleted from My Sailing Week servers without undue delay, while a period of three (3) months may be necessary to ensure complete deletion of any information that may be stored in the back-up of My Sailing Week.
The user can contact My Sailing Week to review, update or delete the stored personal data.
For contact information, see section 19 below.
- Right of withdrawal of consent by the user
The user has the right to withdraw consent to the processing by My Sailing Week of personal data, for one or for all the purposes indicated above in paragraph 4. The user can do so by canceling the registration to the marketing information of My Sailing Week by doing click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of My Sailing Week marketing communication or by sending appropriate communication by post. For contact information, see section 19.
Some data processing activities by My Sailing Week may depend on the user’s consent. In this case, the user will have the right to withdraw the consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent by the user will not affect the legitimacy of the processing carried out before the revocation.
In case of revocation of consent by the user, My Sailing Week and third parties involved in the processing of personal data will interrupt the processing of personal data of the user, unless and to the extent that the continuation of treatment or storage is allowed or required under applicable law on personal data or other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that as a result of the revocation of the user’s consent, My Sailing Week may not be able to meet the user’s requests or provide the services and related information.
- Right to limitation of treatment and right of opposition
The user has the right to limit the processing of his personal data: (i) if the personal data are not correct; (ii) if My Sailing Week no longer needs the personal data of the user for processing purposes, but the storage of such data is requested by the user to assert, exercise or defend rights; (iii) in the event that the user has raised objections in relation to the processing and verification if My Sailing Week still has a legitimate interest pending for such personal data. For contact information, see section 19.
At any time the user has the right to object to the processing of their personal data collected and processed for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by My Sailing Week. For contact information, see section 19.
The user also has the right to object to the processing of their personal data for promotional or direct marketing purposes. You can do this by canceling your subscription to My Sailing Week marketing information by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of My Sailing Week marketing communication.
- Claim right
In the event that the user wishes to file a claim related to a privacy violation, he must contact My Sailing Week by sending his complaint to My Sailing Week, with registered office in La Spezia (SP), Via Cavallotti 53 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
The receipt of the complaint will be confirmed within five (5) working days. My Sailing Week will make every effort to remedy the situation as soon as possible and within fifteen (15) days from the date of the claim. In the event that the reply requires a period of more than fifteen (15) days, My Sailing Week will notify the user and inform him / her of the reason (s).
In the event that the user is not satisfied with the result of the complaint or the management of his complaint by My Sailing Week, he can file a complaint with the Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data, according to the methods currently indicated on the website www.garanteprivacy.it.
- Websites, plug-ins and third-party services
My Sailing Week websites may contain links to third-party websites, plug-ins, such as plug-ins for access to social media, or services.
- Data security
My Sailing Week is committed to protecting the security of your personal data.
My Sailing Week takes the necessary organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data such as access control, transmission, input and availability, as well as data separation.
In the event that the user has reason to believe that his interaction with My Sailing Week is no longer secure (for example, if he realizes that the security of any account he may have had with us has been compromised), we invite you to promptly communicate the problem contacting My Sailing Week. For contact information, see section 19.
- Use by minors
My Sailing Week does not address and does not intend to attract minors.
My Sailing Week online services (which include personal accounts on websites provided by My Sailing Week that collect personal data) are not intended for minors under the age of 18 who should not access it. My Sailing Week therefore requires that such individuals do not provide personal data.
If a parent (or his guardian) informs My Sailing Week that a child under 18 has provided their personal data, the latter will delete the minor’s account, if any, as well as delete the personal data of the minor in his possession.
The personal data of minors under the age of 18 are attributed with the consent of the parent (or whoever takes his place).
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
This site is also provided with a live chat function, this also provides us with data relating to your behavior on the site, such as visited pages and real time information about open pages.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; facebook, instagram, youtube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.